"Our Time of Troubles... commenced with the catastrophic events of the year of 1914... Our civilization has just begun to recover." - Arnold Toynbee

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Settling In

The W______'s house is so peaceful...
The patio
Over the garden wall




Rose gate to apple and plumb orchard


The house is in stone with a slate roof
Garden wall (stone)

Inside the orchard
Apples ripening...
The path over the wall

A little English bee and two slugs enjoying an apple
The plumbs are on

Along the path
My bedroom window view
The university middle campus gate






The main gate
Armstrong building (where I think I will have some history classes)
St. Thomas the Martyr Church


Some statue (???) by the Haymarket Square...
Shepherd's pie for "tea" [dinner]



5 comments:

  1. What was the meat in the shepherd's pie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, accidentally hid your comment, Anne. Thanks for sending me a note. It is a balance between country and city. I'm certainly getting out while I can. Please keep following me and commenting on my surroundings.

      Delete