"Our Time of Troubles... commenced with the catastrophic events of the year of 1914... Our civilization has just begun to recover." - Arnold Toynbee

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Departure and Arrival

I am still experiencing jet lag, but here are some photos of the flight...

Last glimpse of the Stars and Stripes



 Tram at Detroit; reminded me of the train on the wall at the Midland library




 Moon above my wing; seemed much closer to me.

 The Atlantic at night
"Second star to the right and straight on till morning..."

 The French coast
 Reminded me of the Axis and Allies board
 "...Can this cockpit hold the vasty fields of France?"
"Tour Eiffel" from the air (to the right)...
 French cathedrals (not the Cathedral)


"This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England."



"In England's green and pleasant Land..."

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures! How exciting! Now get some rest and then start exploring...remember you are my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All's well, Mrs. Haddad. I am settling in, and missing you all as well. Thanks for the advise. I think I have been getting enough sleep and I have tried to remember my vitamins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you are settling in! What a most exciting time for you! And yes, you are greatly missed!

    ReplyDelete